Skardu-Baltistan Valley Tour
The second most happening city in the Gilgit-Baltistan region is Skardu. Skardu city is located in the heart of Skardu valley. The valley is a narrow valley which is 10 km wide and 40 km long. It is at the union of the Shigar River and Indus River.
The Karakoram Range surrounds Skardu.
Skardu is a very popular rendezvous with Mountaineering Expeditions. It is equally popular with high altitude trekkers who trek to Baltoro Glacier, K2 Base Camp, and Concordia. Skardu by road lies approximately 5 hours away from Gilgit and 10 hours’ drive from Besham.
From Islamabad, it is approximately 20 hours’ drive by road. The Shigar Valley, which is home to K2 is also located within this region. In the heart of this valley, one can view the very picturesque Shigar Fort. It has been restored to its former glory and can be used as a hotel of repute and standard. Some other scenic areas around Skardu are Khaplu, Manthoka, Satpara lake.
There is an organic village which was visited by Prince Charles recently. The world-renowned resort of Shangri-La is just outside the perimeter of Skardu city. It houses the lower Kachura lake around which the resort has been constructed.
Perhaps the most scenic part of Pakistan, we can either drive to Skardu or take a flight from Islamabad which operates daily. However, it is all dependent on the weather. If you have not seen Skardu, you have seen nothing.
For more information on Hunza and the tours that we run there, contact us via:
WhatsApp: +92 347 4598096 | +92 345 4354348
Services & Cost Includes:Accommodation: Luxury / Standard category rooms in the hotels on twin / single sharing basis Meals: Full Board (All meals include soft drinks & mineral water) Transport: Air-conditioned transport available for all locations of the itinerary Invitation Letter: For Tourist Visa procedure. Our Team: Comprised of experienced professional staff
Services & Cost Does Not Include:
- Domestic/International airfares and airport taxes.
- Any expenses due to cancellation of flights, landslides, other natural calamities or acts of God beyond the control of Rock valley Tours, their staff and suppliers.
- Any expenses of a personal nature not mentioned above.
- The mentioned services are not included in our price, but some of them and also a few others like Doctor Rescue Team, etc. can be arranged on your request.
- Personal trekking equipment/clothing.
- Room Service and additional ancillary services acquired from the hotel.
- Personal insurances of clients.
- Any personal medication, evacuation, and rescue charges if any.
- Entry fee to be charged on actual rates wherever applicable.