Broad Peak (8047m)
Broad Peak (8047m) is named for the immense bulk of its peak. It has a strong presence in its environs. Its local name is ‘Falchan Kangri’. Upon arriving in Islamabad, we then fly to a mountain town called Skardu or if the weather is inclement, we travel by road through the Indus gorge to Skardu and the parting point from civilization. Jeeps take us to the road end at Askole, the last village in the valley. Askole is the beginning of the trek to base camp and each night we camp out as we travel up the valley with our Balti porters providing entertainment and color to the otherwise stark and barren countryside.
Our next camp is Paiyu, the last campsite before the beginning of the Baltoro Glacier. Then the route to Broad Peak (8047m) follows the opposite (true left) side of the Baltoro, passing spectacular views of the Trango group, trekking for a further 6 days to reach the base camp. The route involves climbing through a rock gully to Camp I (6000m) then by following a large snow face we reach CII at around 6400m. A final camp is placed at 7400m from where we make the summit bid. The climbing will not be extremely steep but the remoteness of the setting will make this an especially rewarding experience. Whether this is your first 8000m peak or your third, the nature of climbing in this region will have its own unique flavor.
For more information about the Broad Peak (8047m) Expedition and the other Expeditions that we run there, contact us via:
WhatsApp: +92 347 4598096 | +92 345 4354348
DETAILS OF SERVICES INCLUDE:
1. Accommodation: In good standard hotels on a full board/half twin basis in cities. During camping in international quality dome tents on twin sharing basis, with full board services.
2. Transportation: Air Conditioned transport in Islamabad and up to Skardu. 4×4 soft-top jeeps till trek head for members and equipment.
3. Meals: All meals in cities and during trekking and at the base camp.
4. Equipment: All camping & kitchen equipment will be provided during trekking and at the base camp.
5. Custom clearance: In Islamabad, we shall take care of the customs clearance procedure of equipment and we will store the equipment in our store till the arrival of the climbing team. The clearance fee is not included.
6. Briefing & De-briefing: We will assist you in briefing & de-briefing with the ministry of tourism and coordinate the matters with Government appointed Liaison officer.
7. Portage: All portage for the base camp food and camping equipment & for your personal gear (for high altitude equipment & high altitude food) weighing 100-Kg per person up to the base camp is included.
8. Supporting Staff: Qualified mountain guide, cook, cook helper will stay at the base camp with the group throughout the expedition to make sure the smooth conduct of the expedition.
Guarantee, for Helicopter rescue and pollution fee. (Fee not included)
Insurance, of porters, staff, Liaison officer.
Tips & portage & entrance fee at sites, hotels and at the airport.
9. Camping Services: Apart from complete kitchenette, we shall provide a Mess tent with folding tables & chairs, Toilet tent and two Pax dome tents for base camp.
Assistance, with foreigner’s registration office.
COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- The royalty of the mountain & climbers insurance.
- Any additional service not mentioned in the itinerary or above chart of services.
- Any additional camping item as generators, satellite phone/fax or such accessories.
- Payments and kits of Liaison officer & High altitude porters.
- High altitude food, equipment, and porters.
- Charges of the customs clearance process.
- Government pollution fee.
- Any domestic or international Air Fare.
- Any delays or cancellations due to natural hazards like bad weather or landslides beyond the control of the land operators.
- Helicopter charges in case of use for any purpose.
- Doctors and medicines.
- Any services and equipment above base camp.