Shimshal Kuch Festival
Shimshal Kuch Festival is one of the most important and well-celebrated festivals in Shimshal, a remote village in upper Hunza when the people of Shimshal bring their livestock to high Pamir pastures where they live for five months grazing them.
During this time they collect yeast, cheese, and butter for their families to be used in the harsh winter season. The joy and happiness of being reunited with the rest of the family members are celebrated when shepherds return with their flock from high Pamir pastures.
With thousands of sheep, yaks, and goats, the welcome back is a spectacular experience. Following their hundreds of years old tradition of goat sacrifice at the Shimshal Bridge is a way to express their gratitude to God for the safe return of their family and herds from the high pastures.
The people of Shimshal are Wakhi and speak Wakhi language, their culture and tradition are unique. Due to being remotest and difficult accessibility, much of their tradition and culture have remained intact. In ancient times these people were passing very simple life dictated by the seasons and nature around them. Their life circled around the festivals which gave them some entertainment and passing harsh time, waiting for these traditional festivals to celebrate that gives them some joy.
The event takes place between 15th and 18th October every year in Shimshal Valley.
For more information on Shimshal Kuch Festival and the tours that we run there, contact us via:
WhatsApp: +92 347 4598096 | +92 345 4354348
Services & Cost Includes:
Accommodation: Luxury / Standard category rooms in the hotels on twin / single sharing basis
Meals: Full Board (All meals include soft drinks & mineral water)
Transport: Air-conditioned transport available for all locations of the itinerary
Invitation Letter: For Tourist Visa procedure.
Our Team: Comprised of experienced professional staff
Services & Cost Does Not Include:
- Domestic/International airfares and airport taxes.
- Any expenses due to cancellation of flights, landslides, other natural calamities or acts of God beyond the control of Rock valley Tours, their staff and suppliers.
- Any expenses of a personal nature not mentioned above.
- The mentioned services are not included in our price, but some of them and also a few others like Doctor Rescue Team, etc. can be arranged on your request.
- Personal trekking equipment/clothing.
- Room Service and additional ancillary services acquired from the hotel.
- Personal insurances of clients.
- Any personal medication, evacuation, and rescue charges if any.
- Entry fee to be charged on actual rates wherever applicable.