Diran Peak (7268 m)
The peak is called Minapin as well as Diran. It is situated in Rakaposhi and Haramosh Mountain region near the Minapin, Hinarchi and Baultar Glaciers and it is easily accessible because of the Karakoram Highway. Diran Peak (7268 m) is one of the fascinating peaks that dominate the Gilgit Valley and adds a special color to its otherwise rugged beauty.
A three-member Austrian expedition, climbed it the first time in 1968. They set their Camp 1 at 4800 meters. Big crevasses, inclement weather, and deep snow are recorded between Camp 1 & 2. It was from camp 3 that the party was able to reach the peak which is termed as a “Big summit plateau“. These days some expeditions also managed their summit even from camp 2. Its quite a popular peak among the climbers from Europe & Japan and last year there were three expeditions on Diran.
For more information on the Diran Peak (7268 m) and the Expeditions that we run there, contact us via:
WhatsApp: +92 347 4598096 | +92 345 4354348
DETAILS OF SERVICES INCLUDE:
1. Accommodation: In good standard hotels on a full board/half twin basis in cities. During camping in international quality dome tents on twin sharing basis, with full board services.
2. Transportation: Air Conditioned transport in Islamabad and up to Skardu. 4×4 soft-top jeeps till trek head for members and equipment.
3. Meals: All meals in cities and during trekking and at the base camp.
4. Equipment: All camping & kitchen equipment will be provided during trekking and at the base camp.
5. Custom clearance: In Islamabad, we shall take care of the customs clearance procedure of equipment and we will store the equipment in our store till the arrival of the climbing team. The clearance fee is not included.
6. Briefing & De-briefing: We will assist you in briefing & de-briefing with the ministry of tourism and coordinate the matters with Government appointed Liaison officer.
7. Portage: All portage for the base camp food and camping equipment & for your personal gear (for high altitude equipment & high altitude food) weighing 100-Kg per person up to the base camp is included.
8. Supporting Staff: Qualified mountain guide, cook, cook helper will stay at the base camp with the group throughout the expedition to make sure the smooth conduct of the expedition.
Guarantee, for Helicopter rescue and pollution fee. (Fee not included)
Insurance, of porters, staff, Liaison officer.
Tips & portage & entrance fee at sites, hotels and at the airport.
9. Camping Services: Apart from complete kitchenette, we shall provide a Mess tent with folding tables & chairs, Toilet tent and two Pax dome tents for base camp.
Assistance, with foreigner’s registration office.
COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- The royalty of the mountain & climbers insurance.
- Any additional service not mentioned in the itinerary or above chart of services.
- Any additional camping item as generators, satellite phone/fax or such accessories.
- Payments and kits of Liaison officer & High altitude porters.
- High altitude food, equipment, and porters.
- Charges of the customs clearance process.
- Government pollution fee.
- Any domestic or international Air Fare.
- Any delays or cancellations due to natural hazards like bad weather or landslides beyond the control of the land operators.
- Helicopter charges in case of use for any purpose.
- Doctors and medicines.
- Any services and equipment above base camp.